1. Initial contact made by you to Specktacular Home Remodeling (SHR).
2. During the initial contact we will gather some of the following: basic information is taken including your contact information, home address, type of project, the age of your home and whether you have established a budget.
If you have established a budget or budget range, we will ask for it at this time. If you are unsure about how much to budget for your project, please view our Cost vs. Value tab on our Resources page.
3. After the initial phone interview, if we both decide to proceed, we will set an appointment to meet at your home. Remodeling is a big undertaking and we use this appointment to make sure we will be a good fit throughout the process. This initial consultation is complimentary. We are hoping during this initial consultation that you are also looking to see if we are a good fit for you and your family.
4. Once we have met with you in your home, the initial scope of work and the budget or budget range has been established, it will be time to decide to either move forward together or explore other options together, if we choose to move forward, SHR will enter into a ‘Professional Services Agreement’ (PSA),
During the PSA, we will be faithfully moving forward in creating the home of your dreams. Some of the things that you can expect to see happen during this time are; drawings to secure permits, engineering and feasibility studies, a detailed estimate with full scope of work, and the materials we will use. If needed, the PSA will also include what we call “Deconstruction and Discover” sometimes this is required to confirm unknown conditions to help eliminate surprises after your project starts.
At any time during this time, you may choose to enter into a ‘Letter of Intent’ (LOI) to place the actual construction of your project into our production schedule.
5. Many smaller, such as bathrooms and simple kitchens, projects typically require eight to fifteen hours of design and product selection time at an investment cost of $95.00 per hour. Projects more complex will require additional time. How much more depends on the size and scope of the project. For example, a full kitchen with new cabinetry, counters, flooring, lighting and layout may require sixteen to twenty-four hours to complete. Of course, additions and major home renovations will require considerable more time and ultimately is dictated by the scope of work.
It should also be noted that in the long run, a project is typically less expensive when a thorough design and the entire specification process has been completed prior to starting the job. A well-designed project is also more likely to finish on time and on budget.
6. Upon the completion of the design and specification process, we will work with you to establish a realistic production schedule (timeline). Project schedules at SHR are coordinated from start or finish by a pre-agreed date. Because of our well thought out, detailed schedules, we can secure our trade contractors for pre-determined time frames which helps your remodeling project stay on time. You will receive a copy of your productions schedule. You deserve to know what is going on in your home during your renovation.
7. Throughout your renovation, we will continue to communicate with you. You will have a project manager dedicated to your project. In addition, you will have a job book on site, these books contain the complete scope of work, your project schedule, emergency contact information, design drawings, permits, selection sheets and much more. This is your home and we want you to be informed and involved throughout the process. Even if you have a busy schedule, we will work together to find the best ways to communicate with you on a regular basis.
8. Our trade contractors are part of our remodeling “family” and most have worked with us for years. Any task not completed directly by SHR staff will be accomplished by our trusted trade and specialty contractors. They will treat you and your home with respect. All our trusted trade contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
9. As your remodeling project nears completion, we will complete an initial “walk-though” with you to answer any questions regarding how something works or how an aspect of the project is going to be completed. On projects scheduled to take longer than one month, this meeting usually takes place about one week prior to completion. On smaller projects, this may occur 1-3 days prior to completion. However, we are always available to you throughout your renovation to answer any questions you may have.
10. When your project is completed, the job book is returned to the office, all owner’s manuals, copies of inspections, and documentation related to the products installed in your home will be given to you.
11. All our remodeling work comes with a one-year warranty. The warranty is laid out in our contract of what is covered. This is standard practice in our industry and you should expect this from any contractor. We want you to have peace of mind knowing that the work we complete for you will be completed in such a way that it will last for many years.
12. Our service continues once we have completed your remodeling project. We will remain only a phone call or email away. Our company philosophy includes being there for you whenever you have questions about not only your renovation, but also includes our willingness to help you with smaller tasks and when you are ready to remodel another area of your home.