When you are interviewing potential contractors for your upcoming project, it is important to ask them for client references and interview each one about their renovation experience. Here’s our best advice and top 6 questions to ask when you are interviewing references.
Before you begin the interviewing process, have a list of questions planned and ready to ask each client. You will want to ensure each client is asked the same set of questions. It will be easier for you to compare them all after you are finished.
Here are a few sample questions we believe are most important to ask:
- What stood out to you most about your contractor?
- Did they stay on budget? If not, ask why. Did the contractor discover dry rot? Did you add additional “while you are here..” items?
- Did they stay on schedule? If not, ask why and have them explain further.
- Did they take additional steps to keep your home clean during your remodel?
- Would you use them again?
- Would you refer them to your friends and family?
We hope this list helps you as you search for the perfect team for your project! If you have any other questions, feel free to Contact Us or search our Blog for more Frequently Asked Questions. Have a Specktacular day!