On March 24th, 2020, Mitch and Debbie sent out a letter to our clients, employees, and trade contractors that we would like to share with you as well. In addition to the measures discussed below, we are continuing to offer virtual consultations and design meetings. Our team takes COVID-19 seriously and we are working very hard to safely continue serving you!
Notice of Required COVID-19 Safety and Cleanliness Protocols for Worksites
Dear Team Members,
COVID-19 has created a situation where all of us have some level of risk of exposure, and we may unknowingly play a role in its spread. It is critical that the healthiest of us take measures to protect the less healthy in our midst, as they are more susceptible to the dire consequences of this contagious disease. Also, we all want and need to keep working. Given the nature of our work, we are near our home-owner clients and each other.
To keep you, everyone on our job sites and your loved ones healthy, we are instituting the following mandatory cleanliness protocols:
- Handwashing station will be positioned near the porta-potty starting on March 24, 2020. Please utilize this station to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds each time, as follows:
- When entering the job site
- Every hour—set a reminder on your phone
- Entering and leaving the restroom
- Before and after eating
- When leaving the job site
- Hand sanitizer is also available inside each porta-potty on-site — use it liberally.
- Social distancing: As much as possible, please attempt to maintain a distance from other people of at least 6 feet. If this is not possible, please wear a mask.
- Cover coughs and sneezes! They are suspected as one of the highest means of spread. Please use your arm or shoulder to quickly cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing. Wash hands immediately if you accidentally use your hand to cover. Throw away any used tissue in a trash bin immediately.
- Handshakes (and other physical contact): Just don’t do it. Please be mindful and hand wash as we know it is natural for many people to shake hands.
- Don’t touch your face. Seriously, as much as you possibly can, avoid scratching or rubbing that itch (this is a tough one!).
- If you feel sick, please stay home! If you suspect any symptoms matching COVID-19, please see your physician immediately. Watch for fever, headache, and coughing. Please continually monitor your health to identify early signs as quickly as possible.
- We are asking our employees to stay home a minimum of 72 hours after all signs of illness are gone.
- We are also asking our trade contractors to stay home a minimum of 72 hours after all signs of illness are gone before working at our client’s home.
- As our client, please be mindful of everyone that will be in your home. Please inform Mitch or the office as soon as you feel sick. We will follow the same guidelines for your protection and ours.
- Do not share tools! Please use only tools you have touched. If sharing is needed, clean the handles of tools with a sterilizing wipe before use.
- Cleaning at the end of the day! In addition to SHR’s regular daily cleaning, we will be sanitizing anything left in a client’s home and the doorknobs on the way out.
We realize you are living in an active construction job site. You can also help protect our team as we help protect you. Please keep your own living space as clean and disinfected as possible, and follow the same guidelines prescribed above. Your health, safety, and overall comfort are our top priorities. We want to make sure your home is a safe environment for everyone.
Thank you in advance, everyone, for following this protocol. Together we can keep moving forward, be comfortable, be healthy, and help each other to make a good living.
Debbie Speck, CKBR is our designated representative responsible for establishing, implementing, and enforcing social distance policies consistent with guidance from the Oregon Health Authority as per Oregon Executive Order number 20-12. If there are any issues, questions, or illness suspicions, please don’t hesitate to call Debbie at 503-668-0710.
Mitch Speck, MCR
President, Specktacular Home Remodeling