Summer is just around the corner, so here are a few reminders to keep your home functioning at its best this season!
A couple things to do around your house before it gets too hot:
- Open up your crawl space vents outside at the foundation.
- Remove lint from the dryer exhaust vent with a long brush.
- Change heating/air conditioning filters.
- Check your plants, shrubs, and trees around the house. Make sure they are pruned back away from your house. Foliage that touches your home leads to excessive moisture and creates an easy path for ants and other unwanted insects on your siding.
- Treat your home for insects. There are several good products that you can apply yourself or hire a pest control company to do it for you. Please email us if you would like advice on what to buy or if you prefer to have this service provided for you.
- Clean your gutters and inspect your roof.
If your home has a wooden deck, check the following and repair as needed:
- Loose hand railing.
- Split or decaying wood (structure and deck planks).
- Loose or missing hardware and connectors.
- Signs of rot, insects, and water damage (especially common where the deck meets your home).
And one last final reminder, if you plan to do any digging in your yard please call 811 to have your utilities located and marked BEFORE you dig. This is a free service that will help keep you and your family safe!
By doing these few items you can help keep your home just as happy as you are! 🙂
We hope you and your family have a wonderful summer!